Job Title: Mechanical Engineer (Climate Tech)
The Albert C. Wiltshire Employment Center recruits qualified candidates for positions within the Brooklyn Navy Yard, a 300-acre industrial park housing over 400+ businesses within the manufacturing, food, media, technology, and creative fields.
A Brooklyn Navy Yard-based general emission mitigation solution company is seeking a Mechanical Engineer.
The company’s mission is to accelerate society’s transition to net-negative emissions with our CO2 monitoring and mitigation technologies and real-time, actionable data platform. The Yard-based company makes it ridiculously easy to measure and reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Backed by world-class investors and technologists, we are a fast-growing startup seeking foundational team members who can help us grow not only our product and tech stack, but our vision and our culture.
The ideal candidate is passionate about building really excellent and reliable systems leveraging hardware, science, and software, excited to work on the cutting edge of breakthrough carbon capture technologies, and is seeking the opportunity to be an early and strong contributor to engineering in some of the most important areas of focus for generations to come.
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing, building, and testing carbon mitigation and sensing systems
- Driving trade studies and evaluating systems design
- Supporting builds and deployments with customers
- Working with the team, develop and execute long term product roadmaps
- Previous experience (2 years or more) developing and deploying mechanical systems, particularly multidisciplinary hardware/software projects and products
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, with solid background in complex component/assembly design, in a related field, including but not limited to: Mechanical engineering, Chemical and/or Process engineering, Electrical engineering, Physics, Chemistry, etc.,
- Proficient in mechanical design and documentation (SOLIDWORKS ecosystem)
- Experience with sheet metal design principles and fabrication.
- A passion for hands-on, prototyping/testing/R&D
- Top-notch verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to haves:
- Advanced degree in field of interest
- Passion for mitigating the effects of climate change
- Field service experience (e.g., flight testing, road testing, factory/automation installation)
- DFA, DFM experience
- Experience working in a mission critical industry
- Experience with HVAC, or MEP principles
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we still would like to hear from you. We are building a diverse and balanced team that complements each other while covering the critical skills and experience
Target compensation for this role at our current stage is between $90,000 and $130,000 depending on level and experience plus generous equity option grants at the ground floor.