Job Title: Metal Finisher
The Albert C. Wiltshire Employment Center recruits qualified candidates for positions within the Brooklyn Navy Yard, a 300-acre industrial park housing over 400+ businesses within the manufacturing, food, media, technology, and creative fields.
A Brooklyn Navy Yard-based custom high quality bar grille and perforated metalwork manufacturer is seeking a full-time temporary Metal Finisher.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Grind, sand, clean, and finish parts using hand tools or power equipment for a high polish mirror finish
- Grind down welds with using a hand held grinder
- Apply satin finish using a stroke sander
- Use Timesaver finish machine
- 1-5 years of experience running multiple machines, troubleshooting, and performing preventive maintenance
- Experience polishing metal, brass, and/or steel
- Proficiency with a stroke sander