Job Title: Payroll Administrator
Employment Status: Full-time, Exempt
Reports To: Assistant Controller
Salary: $65,000 - $75,000
The Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corporation (BNYDC) is the not-for-profit corporation that serves as the real estate developer and property manager of the Yard on behalf of its owner, The City of New York (the City). BNYDC constantly strives to provide an environment in which businesses and careers can take root and grow.
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Payroll Administrator is responsible for the timely processing of BNYDC’s payroll, maintaining payroll, time and attendance, and related records, and producing payroll reports.
Areas of Responsibility
- Process and manage all aspects of payroll, including calculating hours, deductions, processing new hires and terminations, and compliance with relevant regulations
- Ensure time and attendance information is updated by managers for accurate payroll processing
- Collaborate with Human Resources to maintain employee data and ensure the processing of new hires, temporary employees, annual increases, etc.
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages
- Ensure the accuracy of PayCom data and processing by verifying employee federal/state income and social security taxes, and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Reconcile payroll accounts, resolve payroll discrepancies, and verify payroll records
- Resolve employee’s concerns related to timesheets, paystubs, and other payroll matters
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed
- Perform other job-related duties and ad-hoc projects as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, with a working knowledge of formulas such as v-lookups and pivot tables
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to keep payroll information confidential
- Experience with Paycom or similar payroll software preferred
- Experience with Yardi preferred
- BA in finance/accounting, or an associates degree with equivalent years of relevant experience
- 2+ years of payroll processing experience
BNYDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex (including actual or perceived sex, gender, gender identity, self-image, appearance, behavior or expression) sexual orientation, genetic trait, actual or perceived status of a victim of domestic violence, or a victim of sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status, age, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital or domestic partnership status, military status, handicap, disability, or any other legally protected classification.
BNYDC is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees. Some of the highlights include:
- Employer-funded pension plan, with annual contributions up to 14% of your salary
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage options
- Annual HRA (health reimbursement arrangement) of $6,000 to cover out-of-pocket medical expenses
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employer-funded Basic Life/AD&D coverage
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Teledoc & TotalCare EAP memberships
- Transit/Commuter & Let’s Ride NYC (Citi Bike) benefits
- Discounted pet insurance through MetLife
- 4 weeks of PTO, paid sick leave, and Summer Fridays!