Job Title: Workforce Operations Coordinator
Employment Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Department: Workforce Development
Reports To: Assistant Vice President, Hiring & Training
Salary: $50,000 - $55,000
This is a hybrid role based in Brooklyn, NY (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday in-office 9am-5pm)
The Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corporation (BNYDC) is a not-for-profit corporation that serves as the real estate developer and property manager of the Yard on behalf of its owner, the City of New York. BNYDC strives to provide an environment in which innovative companies can take root and grow.
The Workforce Development and Education (Work Dev) team is responsible for the Yard’s portfolio of workforce development programs and initiatives, including the BNYDC Employment Center (EC), Internship & Fellowship programs, and our partnership with Brooklyn STEAM Center (a NYCDOE career and technical education high school located on-site).
We’re seeking a Workforce Operations Coordinator (OC) who will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Employment Center, as well as providing program and administrative support to ongoing programs and initiatives. The OC plays an important role in promoting a positive and professional direct service environment for jobseekers, employers, guests, and staff.
Employment Center Support & Office Management
- Manage the reception desk, directing job seekers and other guests appropriately
- Input data into the EC’s database, collect and file required documents
- Answer phone calls and emails, responding to inquiries. Perform outreach as needed
- Support the SVP with scheduling and meeting planning
- Maintain EC and Workforce Development information on the BNYDC website
- Implement procedures and resources to ensure the office runs smoothly
- Collaborate with IT and Property Management to address technical or facilities issues
- Partner with Finance to manage accounting activities
- Coordinate the recruitment process and course logistics for training programs
- Process invoices and procure program materials for the STEAM Center
- Manage the events calendar, schedule workshops, and track program timelines/milestones
- Coordinate event logistics such as catering, scheduling, set-up and break-down etc.
- Perform other duties & ad-hoc projects as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service & interpersonal skills
- Able to manage tasks across multiple projects, organize priorities, and meet deadlines
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Salesforce CRM preferred
- Comfortable using and learning new tools such as, Calendly, Canva, and social media
- Ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders (i.e. business owners, staff, jobseekers, & community leaders). Must be able to produce well-written business correspondence
- Capable of managing basic financial tasks such as tracking expenses and inputting invoices
- Commitment and enthusiasm for the social impact-driven, economic development mission of BNYDC
- BA/BS preferred
- 2-3+ years of experience in office management, operations, business administration, or a related area
- Knowledge of or interest in workforce development, training, and/or the manufacturing sector
- Bilingual (Spanish/English or French/English preferred)
- Must be able to work some nights and weekends
BNYDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex (including actual or perceived sex, gender, gender identity, self-image, appearance, behavior or expression) sexual orientation, genetic trait, actual or perceived status of a victim of domestic violence, or a victim of sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status, age, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, marital or domestic partnership status, military status, handicap, disability, or any other legally protected classification.
BNYDC is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees. Some of the highlights include:
- Employer-funded pension plan, with annual contributions up to 14% of your salary
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage options
- Annual HRA (health reimbursement arrangement) of $6,000 to cover out-of-pocket medical expenses
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employer-funded Basic Life/AD&D coverage
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Teledoc & TotalCare EAP memberships
- Transit/Commuter & Let’s Ride NYC (Citi Bike) benefits
- Discounted pet insurance through MetLife
- 4 weeks of PTO, paid sick leave, and Summer Fridays!