Job Title: Commercial Project Manager
The Albert C. Wiltshire Employment Center recruits qualified candidates for positions within the Brooklyn Navy Yard, a 300-acre industrial park housing over 400+ businesses within the manufacturing, food, media, technology, and creative fields.
A Yard-based custom LED solutions provider is seeking a full-time permanent Commercial Project Manager. The company provides innovative design engineering solutions for challenging light and video installations in the built environment. The company’s mission is to help designers and visionaries navigate the landscape of LED technology to inform the creative process and enable the development of design driven manufacturable solutions. By operating at the intersection of design, engineering, and manufacturing, the company helps to conceptualize, solve, and deliver turnkey creative project specific solutions.
The Commercial Project Manager is a full-time hybrid role based in the company’s Brooklyn Navy Yard Studio with flexibility for remote work. A pro-active manager helps grow and codify business opportunities and manage commercial elements of projects. An excellent Commercial Project Manager has an entrepreneurial mindset, is a creative strategist with strong organizational abilities and has a positive attitude. The manager will facilitate communication with client, vendors, and internal teams, and implement new tools, processes and strives to achieving commercial targets on time and in budget.
Commercial Process Development and Management:
- Utilize and improve processes, tools, and techniques to attract and retain customers.
- Collaborate with Design Engineering and Commercial Teams on elaborate proposals with a clear roadmap of solving challenging project specific product solutions.
- Utilize and improve pricing calculations templates for quick Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimates.
- Develop Statements of Work and information for contract documentation.
Monitoring Commercial Performance:
- Manage project budget and collaborate with Engineering and Project Managers on project costs.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Technical teams on risk and quality assessment.
- Aligning with Engineers and Project Managers after project confirmation and at completion of phases.
- Periodic project progress meetings with Project Managers and Engineers and collaborate on cost and time management/tracking measures with Engineering and Technical teams.
- Continuously align with Engineering, Administrative and Project Management teams on project progress.
- Communicate with clients from project initiation to finalization in collaboration with the Technical Project Manager.
Client Development and Retainment:
- Support Commercial Director with client and prospect communication and presentations.
- Support in the management of the Customer Relationship Management database.
- Support improvements, and host information and inspiration sessions, at the BNY studio space.
- Support Marketing with updates on company projects, processes, events, and findings.
- Network at industry events.
- Support Design Engineering Team during prototyping and testing validation phases.
- Support Administrative Team with project related compliance requests and developments.
- Support Marketing, Design Engineering and Project Managers when needed in studio and on-site.
- Proven experience as a commercial project manager or another relevant role with technical products; preferably in the design and architecture industry.
- Proficient with MSOffice and Adobe Creative Suites, and ability to use and learn new software tools.
- Proven experience in managing relationships with high-end clients.
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic, honest, and transparent mindset.
- Excellent organizational skills, pro-active communication, and interpersonal abilities.
- Preferred BSc/BA in Business Administration, Marketing, Project Management, other relevant field.