Job Title: Help-Desk Technician
The Albert C. Wiltshire Employment Center recruits qualified candidates for positions within the Brooklyn Navy Yard, a 300-acre industrial park housing over 400+ businesses within the manufacturing, food, media, technology, and creative fields
A Brooklyn Navy Yard-based custom fabrication shop is seeking a Part-Time Help Desk Technician. The shop is seeking a self-motivated individual with prior IT knowledge and training. This candidate should have good critical thinking skills with the ability to diagnose and solve IT-related issues on the spot. You will maintain all hardware and software systems while working with our MSP to maintain network security. Must be organized, reliable, and personable.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two-year schooling or training in IT field
- Two years of experience in the field
- Technical skills related to hardware maintenance
- Ability to lift moderately heavy things like computers
- Set up all new hire workstations.
- Maintain all existing workstations.
- Make recommendations and fulfill computer hardware/software upgrade.
- Maintain/upgrade hardline internet systems.
- Weekly meetings with outsourced MSP.
- Consolidate all IT software subscriptions and administer new license seats when needed.
- Research and implement new systems and products that can benefit workflow
- Write up technical specifications for all new purchases
- Work with end users