Job Title: Mechanical Technician
The Albert C. Wiltshire Employment Center recruits qualified candidates for positions within the Brooklyn Navy Yard, a 300-acre industrial park housing over 400+ businesses within the manufacturing, food, media, technology, and creative fields.
A Brooklyn Navy Yard-based zero-emission power solutions company is seeking a full-time temporary Mechanical Technician. The company is a well-funded technology startup on a mission to decarbonize transportation by developing a unique and revolutionary power system that runs on ammonia as a renewable fuel. By joining the team, the candidate will be creating the first page of the ammonia-driven green economy. Be part of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the transportation industry for a sustainable future!
What You Will Be Doing:
We are looking for a Mechanical Technician to perform the handling, assembly and instrumentation of prototype equipment and systems. In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional engineering teams to support the preparation and execution of lab experiments for next-generation ammonia-to-power solutions.
- Prepare and install piping, fittings and valves for gas flow in accordance with instructions and piping diagrams supplied by the engineering team
- Fabricate and assemble support structures for prototype equipment
- Integrate instrumentation such as thermocouples, pressure transducers, and mass flow controllers
- Perform leak checks and cold flow tests on pipe assemblies and prototype equipment
- Support the handling and installation of materials such as pressure vessels, heat exchangers, catalysts, adsorbents, and insulation
- Ensure that laboratory spaces are organized, gases are replenished, and support equipment is functional in preparation for experiments
- Maintain thorough documentation of work performed and measurements collected
The minimum requirements we seek:
- 3+ years of professional experience as a technician in a laboratory, industrial or shop setting
- Relevant experience in one or more of the following fields: oil & gas, power generation, chemical processing, or refrigeration is a plus
- Working experience with gas tight pipefitting and flow control equipment is a plus
- Experience with metal machining and welding is a plus