Job Title: Millworker
The Albert C. Wiltshire Employment Center recruits qualified candidates for positions within the Brooklyn Navy Yard, a 300-acre industrial park housing over 400+ businesses within the manufacturing, food, media, technology, and creative fields.
A Brooklyn Navy Yard-based architectural millwork shop is looking for a Mid-level Millworker.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years of hands-on experience working in a similar cabinet shop. They must be skilled enough to work independently and also know when to ask for help. This is an incredible opportunity to work closely with our lead craftsman and train directly under him.
- Must able to able to read and build directly from shop drawings
- Strong written and verbal communication in English
- Safely operate the following tools: sliding table saw, planer, jointer, shaper, band saw, and hand tools
- Make and execute cut lists
- Maintain high-quality standards
- Knowledge of European hardware (hinges, drawer slides, etc.)
- Veneer work/vacuum pressing and installation a plus
- Reliable, on time
- Able to handle multiple projects with changing priorities
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to think ahead to the next steps
- General shop maintenance and cleanup work areas
- As a representative of our company, you are expected to conduct yourself in a professional and courteous manner in the shop and on job sites
- US Work Authorization (Required)
- Portfolio of previous millwork experience
- References who can speak to your abilities and prior work experience and ethic
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license preferred
- Hours: 9-5 M-F, occasional overtime/weekend hours