Job Title: Prep Cook
The Albert C. Wiltshire Employment Center recruits qualified candidates for positions within the Brooklyn Navy Yard, a 300-acre industrial park housing over 400+ businesses within the manufacturing, food, media, technology, and creative fields
A Brooklyn Navy Yard-based pizza shop is seeking a full-time temporary Prep Cook.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with production manager to run the kitchen at the highest standards
- Communicate any issues or concerns with production management and company management
- Complete daily production, including all preparation, dough mixing, pizza production, labeling and packaging
- Assist with production pars and conduct inventory of pizzas
- Maintain high standards of organization and cleanliness, adhering to sanitation and health regulations, as well as company policy. Conduct daily cleaning and weekly deep clean (at minimum)
- Maintain quality assurance with daily monitoring, including pizza and ingredient tasting
- Assist with any necessary machine maintenance
- Work closely with the production manager and management team on product development and building new pizza items
- Key attributes: Adaptability and flexibility, problem-solver, communicator, self-motivated, multi-tasker, team-oriented.
- 1 year professional experience in a professional kitchen and/or bakery production is required
- Knowledge of supplies and equipment, as well as food service setup and temperature requirements.
- Requires skill in both cooking and food preparation methods, including both food safety and quality standards.
- Must be able to follow instructions and safety procedures both written and verbal
- Food-Handlers License preferred but not required
- Proof of Vaccination
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50lbs and stand for extended periods of time