Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corporation (“BNYDC”) is committed to protecting the privacy of our registrants and those with whom we do business.
- Personal Information.
Browsing the BNYDC Website. You can browse the BNYDC website without having an account. Visitors who have been provided an account by BNYDC.
For some activities, like uploading user content or posting comments, you need a BLDG92 account which requires your agreement to these Terms of Service. Your account email address and a password, which is used to protect your account from unauthorized access.
Content Uploaded to Site. Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online may be collected and used by others.
- Website Visits. In order to provide the best service to our registrants and site visitors, we collect aggregate information when you visit our website which is stored in server log files. For example, the IP address of the computer or service provider used to access our site, the type of browser being used, searches that are performed and the pages that visitors click on and follow. We do not collect any personal information from you just for visiting our website. By collecting this data, we are better able to organize our website to suit member needs and interests. This information is kept as part of our proprietary business data. However, such information may be subject to lawful subpoena or disclosure required by law to the extent maintained in our data files.
- Opt-ln/Opt-Out Programs. You will be given the opportunity to submit your e-mail address in order to receive electronic communications from us such as newsletters, promotions and event notices. You are not automatically opted-in to any e-mail programs so that your privacy is respected.You will need to sign up on our website or contact us in order to take advantage of our opt-in program. Should you decide you no longer want to receive e-mail correspondence from us, you can opt-out at any time by visiting our website or contacting us at email@example.com.
- Sharing of Information. We may share and use personally-identifiable information in a variety of ways. We will not share your email address without your permission. We do reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets, but in such event, we will use reasonable efforts to require the transferee to use personal information provided through this website in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Notice. We also reserve the right to disclose such information as required by law or by court order.
- Our Policy Towards Children. Our website is not directed to persons under 13 years of age and by our Terms of Service they are not permitted to access the website. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent or accessed our website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
- Modification of Policy. We may modify this Policy at any time at our sole discretion, without prior notice. Any modifications made by us will be effective immediately upon posting on the website. By accessing or using the website, you agree to be bound by the Policy as posted on the website at the time of your access or use. Except for changes posted by us on the website, no changes shall be effective unless in a writing signed by an officer of BNYDC.
Dated: November 10, 2011